ecampus Ontario

FAQs and Forms


1. What are the computer requirements to take a distance course at Western?

You should be using a current browser on a PC or Mac based system. OWL has a mobile interface that will work from most smartphones and tablets but some functionality may not be available on these mobile devices.

2. My home institution does not have a Letter of Permission process. What can I do?

If you are currently attending a college or institute of technology, you will be required to complete a Request for Letter of Permission to Attend Western University. This form will require a signature from a Dean, Associate Dean, Departmental Chair, or Academic/Program Advisor your home institution.

3. Do I need to supply transcripts from my previous institutions?

Transcripts may be requested to demonstrate completion of prerequisites. Follow up with your home institution to determine where to order at transcript. Transcripts can be sent to:

Letters of Permission
Room 2140, Western Student Services Building
University of Western Ontario
London, ON
N6A 3K7

4. What is the maximum number of distance courses that I can take at Western?

Fall/Winter: a maximum of 3.0 credits

Spring/Summer: a maximum of 2.5 credits

5. When do distance courses at Western begin and end?

Academic TermHalf Course: 0.5 creditsFull Course: 1.0 credits
Fall Sep to Dec N/A
Winter Jan to Apr N/A
Fall/Winter Sep to Dec Sep to Apr
Spring/Summer May to July May to July


Visiting Student Quick Step Guide

Visiting Student Application Form