Your Western ONECard is more than just a Photo ID Card. The Western ONECard functions as an identification card for exams, bus pass, and Campus Recreation. It is also a library card, meal plan card, and can be used for door access and vending machine purchases.
Please note: To access Campus Recreation and some campus doors, your Western ONECard must be an iClass card. To determine if your Western ONECard is an iClass card look for the "iClass" on the back of your card in the bottom left corner. If "iClass" is not there, please visit Student Central Office
Photo Upload Service
The photo upload service for the Western ONECard is available through Student Services to students who will be attending Western for the first time. Photos uploaded must follow the Western ONECard Photo Standards as stated within the service.
To obtain your Western ONECard after uploading you will need to visit Student Central in Room 1120 of the Western Student Services Building.
If you do not wish to use the upload service, please visit Student Central in Room 1120 of the Western Student Services Building to have your photo taken and Western ONECard produced.
To Obtain Your Western ONECard
Please have your student/staff ID number and one piece of photo identification such as:
- Driver's license
- Citizenship card
- Other government-issued photo ID
Name on Western ONECard
For students, your name will appear on the Western ONECard exactly as it appears in the student administration system. If your name is not correct on the student administration system, you must submit proper name change documentation showing your legal name to Student Central prior to receiving your Western ONECard.
If you legally change your name during your time at Western and would like the name change reflected on your Western ONECard, you must submit the proper name change documentation to Student Central. A replacement fee will apply.
Dos and Don'ts for your Western ONECard
Your Western ONECard is durable and built to last the entire time you are a student at Western. However, stress/torque on the card can affect the antennae, wiring, or chips that are embedded into the card. Therefore, a little prevention could significantly reduce the probability of requiring a replacement card. A replacement Western ONECard costs $26.00 due to cost of the cards and specialized equipment and supplies needed to print and encode the cards.
Do the following:
- Keep your Western ONECard safe. Your Western ONEcard is to be kept for the duration of your studies at Western. A fee will be charged to replace a lost or damaged card.
- Clean your Western ONECard with a soft, non-scratching cloth and water.
Don't do the following:
- Do not lend your Western ONECard to others. Your card is to be used only by you.
- Do not punch a hole in your Western ONECard.
- Do not place your Western ONECard near a magnetic field or computer.
- Do not leave your Western ONECard in direct sunlight such as on the dash of a car.
- Do not expose your Western ONECard to extreme heat or open flame such as a clothes dryer.
- Do not machine wash your Western ONECard.
- Do not use your Western ONECard as an ice scraper or scraping tool.
- Do not bend, crimp or twist your Western ONECard. Card readers are un able to reliably read bent or cracked cards.
- Do not bite your Western ONECard.
- Do not pound or scratch your Western ONECard with a pen, key or other sharp tool.
- Do not store in a wallet that you keep in your back pocket.
Lost your card? Card Not Working?
If you lose your Western ONECard that has a meal plan on it, report it as lost to any cashier on campus or to Student Central and it will immediately be deactivated. You are responsible for all transactions or loss of funds prior to deactivation. If you find your card after it has been deactivated, you must have it reactivated at Student Central before it will work.
Note: A fee applies for all replacement Western ONECards.
To replace a lost, stolen, or damaged Western ONECard, visit Student Central during regular business hours.
The Western ONECard is issued to you, as part of the items to which you are entitled as a member of the University community and under the following terms and conditions of use. Please read all terms, as they constitute the legal obligations between you and the University.
Although the card is the property of The University of Western Ontario, it is entrusted to you for your convenience while enrolled at Western. No account should be accessed by anyone other than the cardholder. Only the person pictured on the Western ONECard is entitled to spend money from the account.
For any questions or problems with your Western ONECard contact Student Central.