Project Hero Scholarship
The University of Western Ontario is proud to participate in Project Hero, an initiative co-founded by Honorary Lieutenant-Colonel Kevin Reed and Retired General Rick Hillier to provide support to the sons and daughters of Canadian military killed while serving in an active mission.
The Project Hero Scholarship is awarded annually to undergraduate full-time students in a first-entry degree program who are the sons and daughters of Canadian military killed while serving in an active mission. Applications must be submitted by May 30 preceding the fall/winter academic year.
Effective: 2014-15 and onward.
The recipient must be:
- A dependant of a member of the Canadian military killed while serving in an active mission
- Eligibility to the scholarship program of Canadian Forces personnel deceased while serving in an active mission will be determined by Canadian Forces criteria.
- Definition of dependants’ status will be determined as per Revenue Canada criteria.
- Under the age of twenty six
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Must meet admission requirements as per The University of Western Ontario
- Registered as a full-time student at main campus in a first entry undergraduate degree program
- Satisfactory academic standing
- Continue to be registered as a full-time student at main campus in a first entry undergraduate degree program
- Tenable for up to four years
- Must maintain a satisfactory academic standing
Recipients in the following programs will have tuition covered, including ancillary and other compulsory fees as well as up to $10,000 towards the first year residence and meal plan costs.
Eligible First Entry Programs:
- Faculty of Arts and Humanities
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Information and Media Studies
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Don Wright Faculty of Music
- Faculty of Science
- * Faculty of Social Science (excluding flight fees for commercial aviation program)
Recipients in the following program will have a maximum of $6000 applied towards their tuition.
- * Richard Ivey School of Business (HBA program)
For More Information
For more information, please contact:
Associate Registrar, Student Financial Services
The University of Western Ontario
Student Financial Services
Rm. 1140, Western Student Services Building
London, ON N6A 3K7
(519)661-2111 x 80102