Work Study Supervisors
Work Study positions should have some or all of the following job characteristics:
- Be designed to accommodate students' academic schedules
- Be situated on or near campus
- Consist of duties that may not otherwise be done.
- Not conflict with any existing collective agreements
If jobs are not on campus the duties undertaken by the student should benefit the University and should not generate a profit or promote a specific political or religious view.
The Work Study program is available to Undergraduate, Professional, Graduate, and International students. However, different criteria and application procedures may apply. Please visit the student Work Study web page for further information.
Please refer to the Western Work Study Program Procedure Manual below for instructions on how to sign up, create a profile, post a job and hire students. You can access this Guide by clicking on the link below:
Please Note: All references to CareerCentral (careercentral.uwo.ca) in manual now refer to Work Study Center (workstudy.uwo.ca). Updated manual pending.
Work Study for the Summer 2013 academic term is now available!
Work Study Center is now available for Work Study Supervisors to post Work Study positions for the Summer 2013 academic term.
Please note the following important dates and information:
- Please note: The rate of pay for work study has changed to $11 per hour. If you are reposting a previously created position, you will need to update this information.
- Positions available for the Summer 2013 academic term must be posted and students must be hired before August 1, 2013.
- The first day a student can begin working in a summer work study position is May 1, 2013. This is also the first day that supervisors will be able to hire in the system.
- The last day a student can work for the summer term is August 31, 2013.
- You can hire students into Work Study positions only after they have been notified of their approval for the Summer Work Study Program.