Accessing your Grades

You can access your grades through the Grades link or the View Academic Summary link on Student Center. The Posted Grades tab under the Grades link displays  courses and final grades that are currently available for release on your official transcript. Your Academic Summary will provide a full listing of your grade history.

Course Attempts Which Are Classified as Failures

Any undergraduate courses in Arts, Science, Social Science, Kinesiology, Music, Health Science and Media, Information and Technoculture as well as the Affiliated Colleges, will be used in the assessment and average calculation of a general student's eligibility to progress and/or enter or remain in a program. Progression average calculations INCLUDE failed grades. All grades below 50% are considered failures. Grades below 40% will be included in average calculations as 40%, grades from 40% to 49% will be included as the actual grade reported.

Note: Engineering subjects have their own grading scheme. Any Engineering student Grade/mark questions should be directed to the Engineering Dean's office.

If you drop a course after the last day to drop deadline, which will vary according to the type of course in which you are enrolled, it will be recorded as F (failure) and you will receive a mark of 40% for Average Calculation purposes.

GPA Conversion

Western currently uses a numeric grading scale on transcripts and academic records. Details on this system can be found in the Academic Calendar.

For information on how to convert your numeric grade, visit the Transcripts page.