Exams Move Online
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to shift, we have made some important new decisions to see us all through to the end of term.While our case counts remain low, we are watching what is happening across the country and have decided some proactive steps are prudent in the face of Omicron. As a preventative measure and out of an abundance of caution, Western will be moving exams online, as follows:
- Students should expect that exams scheduled for December 15 and December 16 will be held in-person, unless otherwise notified.
- Exams scheduled from December 17 to December 23 will shift online with the exception of clinical and some other assessments that are required to be completed in-person.
- Students will receive more information from their faculties as soon as possible.
- Online exams previously scheduled as such will proceed as planned.
With the spread of Omicron, we are also thinking carefully about what the start of the winter term will look like. We are in close conversation with the Middlesex-London Health Unit, and we will aim to communicate any change in plans by next week. Thank you for your patience as we navigate these extraordinary times. Our highly vaccinated campus has been effective in keeping our community safe and we continue to see no evidence of classroom transmission. Thank you for your role in making this happen.
Here are some additional resources for the examination period:
- Tips and Strategies for Taking Online Exams
- Best practices for online exams in OWL
- Submitting Assessments
- Remote Proctoring Information